Comfy, but ugly clothes

I suppose that could just as easily have read “butt ugly” or even “bug-ly” for any millennials reading this blog entry.

You must know the clothes I mean. Maybe it’s something velour, a ratty sweatshirt, saggy-bottomed track pants, well-worn flannel jammies, holey runners, or dare I say, Crocs.

Judge away, if you must. I know I certainly have more than my share of those don’t-venture-outside-of-the-house-in-these items.

But tell me honestly, when you return home after a long day, you don’t dream of putting on a tie or some nylons, do you? No, you fantasize about slipping into your comfy, but ugly clothes.

Resistance is futile. I’d wager that even fashionistas must have an outfit or two that would fall into this category. Even actress Julia Stiles is cited on BrainyQuote.com for saying, “I wear everything from hip-hop baggy pants to beautiful Armani dresses.”

So give in and don your coziest, albeit hideous outfits, and experience a guilty pleasure that is truly

AWESOME!

Comments

  1. Sometimes I like to wear just my waffle-print long johns. It's like having a second, cozier skin.

    I appreciate your wombo (word combo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... embarrassing though they may be to some, my uglies never make it into the recycle bin. Gotta live!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlena, I feel the same way about my yoga pants. Yes, I should work out in them, but man are they ever comfy to lounge about in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you call them your uglies, Margaret! I agree about evading the recycling bin. My uglies tend to have a much longer wardrobe lifespan than anything else I own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! I love to get into something easy when I get home.

    Fiep

    PS. home with a bit of a cold....wearing one of those not so elegant, soft, old, ugly, and yet oh so comfy jogging pants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Track pants are indeed cozy, Fiep.
    Hope that they help speed your recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms