When your writing affects someone


I make a concerted effort to search
Pasricha’s site before writing any
new entries, so that I don’t repeat
anything from his original content.
Neil Pasricha’s “Book of Awesome” series of print books achieved bestseller status around the world. The author has gained legions of online fans, because his positive messages and his offbeat humour resonate with millions of people.

I’m writing about Pasricha, because yesterday marked his final awesome. Media outlets of all kinds are paying tribute to him and his 1000 countdown. In turn, I’d like to say farewell and thank you to Pasricha.

Two years ago, after reading the first Book of Awesome, I decided to write my own additions. At first I shared my scribbles with a limited audience of one, but within two months I had resuscitated my 2007 Random Ramblings blog and was posting my entries online for all to see.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my early-morning writing sessions, which I wouldn’t have begun without the kickstart from Pasricha’s work. Again, I thank him for affecting me through his writing. Cheers, Pasricha, you're officially...

      AWESOME!!!

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms